Miele dishwashers are some of the best dishwashers out there, alongside KitchenAid. They have been one of the best for a very long time, so it is no surprise that they are still being commonly used today. They have the best cleaning efficiency and reliability and they are quiet as well.
That being said, even the best dishwashers need cleaning every once in a while, to let them do their job efficiently and effectively for longer. This article will go over effective ways to clean your Miele dishwasher as well as how to use it.
How to Maintain Your MIELE Dishwasher (Steps)
Maintaining your Miele Dishwasher will help you keep your dishwasher running efficiently and effectively for a very long time. By regularly performing maintenance on your dishwasher, you’ll extend the life of your Miele dishwasher by a long shot.
Here are a few ways to maintain your Miele dishwasher:
- Clean and empty the filter combination regularly-once a month at the very least. This is to remove food particles and debris that get stuck. Check and clean the spray arm jets carefully to remove built up sediment.
- Fill the water softener with reactivation salt and operate a rinse and hold without loading.
- Clean the rubber seals around the door often with a damp cloth to remove residue. This is to prevent odours from developing.
- Use the proper amounts of cleaning agents, such as a detergent. Only use the manufacturer’s dishwasher tabs and do not use more than one teaspoon of detergent per load. Avoid using gel tabs and when using powder detergents, use just around 1.5 tablespoons and no more than that.
- Run sanitise cycles once every month using distilled vinegar in an empty unit. This will help break down detergent build up.
There are other ways to maintain a Miele dishwasher, such as:
- Cleaning the drum at a minimum temperature of 75 degrees Celsius
- Rinsing TwinDos reservoir
- Cleaning the detergent drawer and water supply filter
- Removing the rubber ring from the door of the drum
- Emptying the drain filter behind the bottom hatch, and much more.
Can I Use Vinegar To Clean My Miele Dishwasher?
While people claim using vinegar can help in cleaning dishwashers, Miele has recommended not to.
Though vinegar helps to shift discolorations, nasty odors, and build-ups in your pipe while being less toxic, cheap, and available, its acidity can be a problem.
The acidity of vinegar is potentially damaging to sensitive internals of the dishwasher over the course of a few years. For this reason, it is recommended not to use vinegar for cleaning Miele dishwashers as it can damage the dishwasher in the long run.
That being said, even though it is not recommended, you can definitely clean your dishwasher with vinegar with the following steps:
- Pour two cups of vinegar into a bowl on the bottom rack of your empty dishwasher. The bowl is necessary to bypass the initial pump of the dishwasher and will keep the vinegar where you need it to be.
- Start your dishwasher and pause the cycle in the middle for about 30 minutes to give it extra soak time.
- If the dishwasher still gives you somewhat of a bad odour, add in some baking soda and run the dishwasher again.
How Do You Clean The Filter On A Miele Dishwasher?
To clean the filter in a Miele dishwasher, you need to go through the following steps:
- Turn your dishwasher off and make sure there is no current running through it.
- Turn the dishwasher handle in an anti-clockwise motion to release the filter combination.
- Remove the filter combination to ensure all coarse particles are removed and rinse the filter under running water. Use a nylon brush to clean the filter better.
- Open the flap and rinse all of the filters under running water. Close the flap to engage the catch.
- Put the filter combination back so it lies flat in the wash cabinet base.
- Turn the handle anticlockwise until the two arrows face each other to lock the filter combination.
How Do You Use Miele Dishwasher Cleaner?
The most popular Miele dishwasher cleaner is Miele Collection DishClean Dishwasher Conditioner.
This cleaner/conditioner is packaged in a single use container which sits directly on top of the rack of the dishwasher during the cleaning cycle. Use it with one heavy duty cycle with no dishes inside the dishwasher to remove grease, limescale, and tarnishing from the dishwasher surfaces.
Your dishwasher will also be odour free and will maintain the good appearance and condition of the dishwasher for a long time. It is recommended to use the conditioner 4 to 5 times a year.