When it comes to Cascade dishwasher detergent, you’re going to get them in three forms: detergent powder, liquid, and pods.
Basically, detergents work by minimizing the surface tension of any liquid that it has been added to. By acting as a surfactant, detergents wash away the debris far easily. The molecules of the detergent are lipophilic and similar to grease, they bind to lipids and fats. Other than that, detergent molecules are also hydrophilic. This lets the detergent dissolve in water and washes the dirt away effortlessly.
Cascade dishwasher detergents also contain rinse aid in them that prevents frustrating hard water stains or splattered grease droplets from staying back on your dishes
How Much Detergent To Use?
To understand how much detergent you need for your dishwasher, it’s recommended to read the back labels of the Cascade products. The amount of detergent depends a lot on the hardness of the water being used in the dishwasher. But to avoid the hassle of measuring the quantity of detergent every time, Cascade’s ActionPacscome in small packs with the correct amount of detergent in each dose.
The pods come in small square packs, divided into two compartments. The compartment below consists of the detergent powder whereas the compartments above consist of vibrant blue and green liquids. A single concentrated pouch is meant for one load of dishes. To use the pods you just have to follow a few simple steps:
- Dry hands first before touching the pods.
- Do not unwrap the pods or puncture them. They come in a film that starts dissolving right away as soon as they come in contact with water and heat inside the dishwasher.
- Load the dishwasher with your messy dishes
- Take a pac and place it inside the wash dispenser of your dishwasher. Do not forget to close the door of your dispenser (usually, dishwashers come with two wash dispensers, one with a door on top and the other without a door. The pods need to be placed in the dispenser with the door)
- Relax and let your dishwasher do the cleaning.
- Make sure to close the tub after each use.
Cascade Dishwasher Detergent Gel
- Load the dishwasher
- Open up the main cup of the wash dispenser (if you have really dirty dishes, you might want an extra wash. In that case, pour some liquid on the pre-wash dispenser for an additional ppre-cleaningbefore the main cleaning)
- Fill the cup of the dispenser and shut the lid.
- Start your dishwasher and chill!
Cascade Dishwasher Detergent Powder
- Load your dishwasher
- Open the wash dispenser. Put detergent in the pre-wash pocket if rigorous cleaning is required. Otherwise, simply put detergent in the main pocket of the wash dispenser for a regular wash. The level of detergent required will depend on the wash cycle, the soil level of your dishes, and the hardness of the water being used.
- Close the dishwasher lid and set your desired wash setting
- Lastly, turn on your dishwasher and let it do the job for you.